Officially Withdraw Your Child
If your child is already attends a Mississippi public school and you would like to begin homeschooling then you must notify the school that you will be withdrawing your child.
Follow these simple steps to officially withdraw your child by letter.
- Copy and paste the sample Mississippi Withdrawal Letter below in a new document to print.
- Enter your personal information in the brackets and print 2 copies (one for the school and one for your records).
- Mail a signed copy of your letter by Certified Mail.
- Keep your child home on the date indicated in your letter.
- Contact your county’s school attendance officer for a certificate of enrollment.
Sample Mississippi Withdrawal Letter
This sample letter is by Homeschool Legal Advantage.
Copy and paste the following text into a separate document to print:
Dear [Name of Principal],
Pleased be advised that I will be withdrawing [Name of child] from your school as of [Date of withdrawal], when they will be homeschooled. If you have any questions, please send them to me in writing. Thank you.