Officially Withdraw Your Child
If your child already attends a Mississippi public school and you would like to begin homeschooling then you must notify the school that you will be withdrawing your child.
Follow these simple steps to officially withdraw your child by letter.
- Print a copy of the Mississippi Student Withdrawal Letter below.
- Fill it out with your personal information and make a second copy for your records.
- Mail a signed copy of your letter to your child’s school using Certified Mail return receipt request.
- Keep your child home on the date indicated in your letter.
- Contact your county’s school attendance officer for a certificate of enrollment.