Notify The School Of Your Child’s Enrollment In Your New Private School
After you have filed an affidavit with the Superintendent of Public Instruction to turn your home into an official private school, then fill out and send this letter of enrollment confirmation to your child’s school. The purpose of this letter is to notify the school that your child is now enrolled in your new private school. If you need to officially withdraw your child from public school you must send this letter first before sending in your withdrawal letter.
Follow these steps to prepare and file an enrollment confirmation letter.
- Create letterhead for your new school by typing your new school name, your address, and email address using a large font.
- Copy and Paste the sample California Enrollment Confirmation Letter below into your letterhead document to print.
- Enter your personal information in the brackets and print 2 copies.
- Mail a signed copy of your letter to the school by certified mail. You can also hand deliver it but make sure to note the date and the person to whom it was delivered on your own copy.
- Prepare your withdrawal letter.
NOTE: “Old School” refers to the school you will be withdrawing your child from or the school they would attend if they were not homeschooling.
Sample California Enrollment Confirmation Letter
This letter is by the HomeSchool Association of California.
Copy and paste the following text into a separate document to print:
[Old school Principal’s Name]
[Old school’s name]
[Old school’s address]
RE: Withdrawal of [child’s name] from [old school’s name]
Dear [Old school principal’s name]:
This letter is to inform you that [child’s name], birth date [child’s birth date], student ID number [child’s school ID number if known}, has been enrolled at [your new private school name] as of [date of enrollment in new school].
Thank you for your assistance.
[your name as new school administrator- be sure to sign it]