Notify the School District of Your Decision To Homeschool
If you have decided to homeschool your child then you must send a letter of intent to the school district notifying them of your decision. This letter must be sent 14 days prior to beginning homeschool and every year that you choose to homeschool.
Follow these steps to fill out and send a letter of intent.
- Print the Colorado Letter of Intent to Homeschool.
- Fill in the blanks with your personal information.
- Make a copy for your records.
- Repeat this for each child that you homeschool. The school will need one for each child’s personal file.
- Mail a signed copy of your Letter of Intent to the school district by certified mail 14 days before beginning to homeschool.