Alabama Student Withdrawal Letter

Alabama Homeschool Law - homeschool state laws

Officially Withdraw Your Child

If your child already attends an Alabama public school and you would like to begin homeschooling then you must notify the school that you are officially withdrawing your child.

Follow these simple steps to officially withdraw your child by letter.

  1. Print a copy of the Alabama Student Withdrawal Letter below.
  2. Fill it out with your personal information and make a second copy for your records.
  3. Mail a signed copy of your letter to your child’s school using Certified Mail return receipt request.