Notify the School of Your Decision To Homeschool
If you have decided to homeschool your child then you must send a letter of intent to the school principal notifying them of your decision. This letter must be sent before beginning to homeschool.
Follow these steps to fill out and send a letter of intent.
- Print the Hawaii Letter of Intent to Homeschool.
- Fill in the blanks with your personal information.
- Make a copy for your records.
- Repeat this for each child that you homeschool. The school will need one for each child’s personal file.
- Mail a signed copy of your Letter of Intent to the school district by certified mail return receipt request before beginning to homeschool.
NOTE: This Hawaii Letter of Intent is designed after the sample letter by Christian Homeschoolers.