Iowa Student Withdrawal Letter

Iowa Homeschool Law - Homeschool State Laws

If your child is already enrolled in an Iowa Public School you will need to officially withdraw them in order to begin homeschooling. If you choose the Independent Private Instruction option you can use this Iowa Student Withdrawal Form to withdraw your child so that they won’t be considered truant.

Follow these simple steps to officially withdraw your child by letter.

  1. Print a copy of the Iowa Student Withdrawal Letter below.
  2. Fill it out with your personal information and make a second copy for your records.
  3. Mail a signed copy of your letter to your child’s school using Certified Mail return receipt request.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *