Louisiana Non-Public School Enrollment Notification Letter

Louisiana Homeschool Law - Homeschool State Laws

Officially Withdraw Your Child

If your child attends a Louisiana public school and you would like to begin educating them at home, operating as a private school (non-public school), you must officially withdraw your child. An Enrollment Notification Letter notifies the school that you will be “transferring” your child to your new non-public school. This letter must be sent within 10 days of submitting your attendance information online through the Department of Education.

NOTE: This Enrollment Notification letter is for non-public (private) schools only. If you are using a home study program then you must withdraw your child using this Student Withdrawal Letter.

Follow these simple steps to withdraw your child and begin educating them at home.

  1. Print the Louisiana Non-Public School Enrollment Notification Letter and fill it out with your personal information.
  2. Make a second copy for your records.
  3. Mail the signed letter to your child’s school by Certified Mail Return Receipt Request.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *