Louisiana Student Withdrawal Letter

Louisiana Homeschool Law - Homeschool State Laws

Officially Withdraw Your Child

If your child already attends a Louisiana public school and you would like to begin educating them at home, then you must notify the school before withdrawing them. If you fail to notify the school than they may charge you for truancy.

NOTE: This withdrawal letter is for home study programs only. If you are homeschooling as a non-public (private) school then you must withdraw your child using this Non-Public School Enrollment Notification letter

Follow these simple steps to withdraw your child and begin educating them at home.

  1. Print the Louisiana Student Withdrawal Letter and fill it out with your personal information.
  2. Make a copy for your records.
  3. Mail a signed copy to your child’s school by Certified Mail return receipt request.
  4. Submit your online application for a Home Study Program with the Department of Education.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *