Maine Student Withdrawal Letter

Maine Homeschool Law - Homeschool State Laws

Officially Withdraw Your Child

If your child already attends a Maine public school and you would like to begin homeschooling, then you must notify the school that you will be withdrawing your child.

Follow these simple steps to officially withdraw your child:

  1. Print a copy of the Maine Student Withdrawal Letter below.
  2. Fill it out with your personal information and make a second copy for your records.
  3. Mail a signed copy of your letter to your child’s school using Certified Mail return receipt request.
  4. Keep your child home on the date indicated in your letter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *